Thursday 16 October 2014

FORMER BTCC DRIVER VAULKHARD MAKES SWIFT RALLYCROSS DEBUT.



Former British Touring Car Championship driver Harry Vaulkhard joins the Peter Gwynne Motorsport Team for his Rallycross debut in the British Rallycross Championship, Round Six at Croft Circuit this Saturday.
 

During his BTCC career, Vaulkhard proved he was not out there to make up the numbers, qualifying P2 in his Chevrolet Lacetti alongside another Rallycross favourite Andrew Jordan.  Taking on the top works drivers and whilst narrowly denied a podium at Donington, Vaulkhard was the talk of the post-race round up from Steve Rider and Tim Harvey with his impressive performance.
The Newcastle Hotshot moved to The World Touring Car Championship where he claimed a victory at Monza in the Independents Trophy.


Harry Vaulkard:  “I’m really looking forward to my first foray into rallycross.  It’s a totally new discipline for me from touring car and saloon racing and I’m under no illusions as to how tough it will be, but I raced Schoolboy Motocross for a lot of years at a high level so I’m not afraid of 'getting my hands dirty' as it were. I’ve watched Rally X loads in the past at Croft and have a few friends in the paddock too so I’m looking forward to a great fun weekend of racing” 

“I’m proud to be carrying the Power Maxed logos on my car this weekend too. It will be good to race doorhandle to doorhandle with Adam Weaver too”  

Power Maxed Racing Boss Adam Weaver also joins Vaulkhard to make up the Power Maxed, Peter Gwynne Motorsport Team for the weekend.

Peter Gwynne:  It’s great to have Harry joining us at Croft.  From watching footage of his performance in the BTCC, he is certainly comfortable with sliding a car, I am sure it won’t be long before we will be seeing that swift sideways.  Harry and Adam are both out there for the first time for a bit of fun, so looking forward to seeing how they enjoy their first taste of Rallycross.

Check out Harry in action in the BTCC
  

No comments:

Post a Comment