Sunday 15 March 2015

New Junior Driver Brad Durdin Set for Season in MSA British Rallycross

We chat with out new junior driver to find out why he chose Rallycross...

I've always appreciated any kind of Motorsport weather it's Sportcars, single seaters or even truck racing. At the age of 7 I was given a chance to drive a go-kart at the well known Rye House Karting circuit as part of my friends birthday party. It was a typical dark and gloomy day in February as well as absolutely pouring down with rain. I had never driven a kart before yet alone in monsoon like conditions. It was great fun and I really enjoyed it. On the 27th November 2007 my dad bought me my first go-kart. I had many years of fun in karting and progressed through the various different ranks. 


After taking my Arks racing licence I quickly found myself taking my first ever win in conditions very similar to that of my first ever go in a go-kart. My dad had a few goes in a couple of racecars and just like my dad I wanted to make the transition to car racing. In 2012 I was part of the Silverstone Rally School youth Academy which was great fun and taught me a lot. I enjoyed rally but it never really ticked all the boxes for me. The year after I joined the East Anglia Mini Centre autograss team and had a lot of success with them. Since then I've played around in various different cars weather it's formula ford or Ginetta Juniors.





Rallycross is a sport which I've always had a bit of a soft spot for. It's great to see a sport that is moving on with the times and has so much potential. I've always wanted to have a go at rallycross and it seemed to make sense to make the move into rallycross this year. With Peter Gwyne Motorsport I will be taking on the British Junior Rallycross championship and hope that we can bring much success to each another. I'm not here this year to be maybe third or second, I'm here to win! So watch out, there's a new kid on the block!

No comments:

Post a Comment